As our UX Designer, you will bring a foundation of UX principles and design thinking to our fast moving and exciting services and consulting business. As a UX designer at Traction on Demand, you would be expected to work closely with the service teams on existing and future projects, building upon our people-first approach to consulting and cloud services.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 2-5 Years of UX experience in software, gaming, or product development
- Strong communication skills, the ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts to others
- Empathy, your ability to put yourself into our users shoes to view their perspectives, abilities, and challenges
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment which requires self-direction, deep thinking, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- The ability to interact with a wide variety of individual working and communication styles
- Improve our development process by creating appropriate processes and standards, participating in internal reviews, and coaching teammates
- Ability to create interactive prototypes in at least one experience design toolset (Adobe XD, Invision, Figma)
- A basic understanding of various web and front-end development languages a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- Supporting experience design across a variety of types of consulting and development projects
- Applying design thinking to consulting practices & helping solve unique challenges
- User research, usability testing, and helping conduct user interviews to validate design and direction – Improving existing designs by applying UX and modern interaction principles
- Creating detailed wireframes, flowcharts and prototypes and other product deliverables to effectively communicate product requirements
- Helping build standardized UX processes to ensure consistency and quality of our delivery
- Working closely with product stakeholders and developers to improve both existing technology as well as being on the forefront of new technology as it’s developed
- Deep dive analysis of flows and interactions and identify friction points
- Produce prototypes to help sell the design intent
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if we are interested to move forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand