As the Team Lead, Development at Traction Rec, you will lead, mentor, and grow a team of innovative Salesforce developers. You will guide the way by developing new techniques, patterns, practices and tools to accelerate our impact, as we work to multiply the good of non-profit community centers across the world.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in object oriented programming on a product, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience, ideally on a development team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong ability to gather complex requirements and work with a team to design a solution
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team building skills, with ability to work with all levels and roles of an organization effectively
- Salesforce ISV experience not required – if you have strong fundamental product developer experience in other industries, and would be eager to lean into something new, we’ll be happy to teach you the platform specifics.
What You Will Be Doing
- Designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Oversees proposed solutions to problems and ensures the implemented software will meet business objectives and are sustainable and scalable
- Analyzes key metrics to drive improvements on the development team
- Builds new features and fixes existing bugs for the software application by writing user stories, conducting design reviews, writing code, and diving deep into code reviews
- Researches, tests, and applies new development processes and/or software engineering methodologies
- Manages sprints and assigns work to the development team
- Coordinates the operations and provides performance coaching for the development team
- Maintains code quality, organization, and automatization
- Troubleshoots and resolves production issues as part of Tier 3 Support
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
#LI-JT1Traction on Demand