As our Senior Developer you will be responsible for customizing, developing and supporting the Traction’s product platform. You love the challenge of building something new, you understand best practices when it comes to SaaS development and code quality is something you take seriously. You consider the technical side and the human side, the day-to-day and the big picture, guiding best practices and Traction’s values along the way.
Senior Developers have emerged as leaders, experts and “go to” people within the Traction community.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of development experience on the salesforce.com platform; proficient in custom app development using Lightning, LWC, Apex and Visualforce technologies
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues in laymen’s terms to stakeholders
- Self-Motivated problem solver who loves getting their hands dirty debugging issues
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize what’s on your plate
What You Will Be Doing
- Working closely with product manager & internal stakeholders to determine product platform requirements
- Developing APIs to be used internally and by customer integration processes
- Customer data transformation and migration
- Guides new team members through their onboarding plan & lead the team
- First line for developer-raised issues, intervening when necessary to aid in resolving issues
- Involvement in mentorship and performance management of team members
- Participating in the recruitment process by attending interviews and providing feedback on suitability of candidates to aid in hiring decisions
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand