As a Senior Product Developer with Traction Rec Technologies, you will be a technical leader for our new cutting edge product, Traction Gather.
Traction Gather is a lean and agile product team delivering quick iterations of value to our clients. You will be a technical lead, collaborating closely with a cross-functional team to deliver features from start to finish. You will have ownership of architectural decisions for the product and will be trusted to define standards, drive quality, and mentor other developers to grow into technical leaders.
Our development team lives on the frontier of Salesforce development, developing new techniques, patterns, practices and tools to accelerate our impact. If you are excited to help us push our code to new heights and want to build a product that helps transition non-profit organizations and commercial businesses to a more virtual world, then we want to hear from you.
Traction Rec is a subsidiary company of Traction on Demand.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t just about having fun – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown.
We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years+ professional experience in object oriented programming on a product
- Experience as a technical leader on a development team
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a highly collaborative development team
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Highly motivated with the ability to work and make decisions independently
Salesforce ISV experience not required – if you have strong fundamental product developer experience in other industries and would be eager to lean into something new, we’ll be happy to teach you the platform specifics.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Leading from the front by defining new and improved processes
- Oversee proposed solutions to problems and ensure the implemented software will meet business objectives well into the future
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues as part of tier 3 support
- Design and develop features for our web and mobile applications
- Participate in monthly “dev days” where we all pair up and build whatever we want
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.Traction on Demand