As our Program Manager, your top priority is to build strong and trusted relationships with our customers while driving a program. You navigate highly politicized environments with ease and are a detail-oriented program manager, with an aptitude for technology. If you are looking for a strict PMO type environment, this is not for you.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Proven enterprise project management experience in a software environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Excellent stakeholder management skills; ability to resource multiple projects and prioritize features based on the needs of the program
- Sound understanding of the software development life cycle
- Project management related certification (CAPM, PMP, SCRUM etc.) an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products (Salesforce.com, Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, PeopleSoft, NetSuite) would be a strong asset
- Ability to interact with a customer’s executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Ability to think critically and analytically
What You Will Be Doing
- Plan programs in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards
- Generate a road map for various projects within a program, identifying overlap and dependencies and outlining expectations on overall delivery.
- Create and enforce a standardized approach towards project execution.
- Schedule tasks, deadlines, and milestones for stakeholders and resources
- Identify schedule uncertainties and program risks
- Coordinate clients and internal team members, managing the priorities between the different project streams.
- Intimate knowledge of overarching business objectives as well as a firm understanding of the requirements at a project level.
- Monitor and report on the progress of all projects within the program to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate clients, and internal team members
- Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality
- Be able to speak to the overall roadmap, objectives and high-level solution of the program to clients.
- Articulate design rationale and function strategy as it directly relates to accomplishing goals set out (where applicable)
- Present work to the client at milestones throughout production process
- Support & help trouble-shoot delivered work during program and post-program
- Ensure client expectations are exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered
- Provide soft-sales (up-selling opportunities) or articulate these opportunities to the appropriate channels
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients,partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand