As our Nonprofit Solution Architect, you will be driving the design of nonprofit solutions to solve problems faced by our clients. If you are the type that can understand and model requirements, find the right technology solution and use it to drive more capacity in organizations, then you will excel in this position!
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction on Demand is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 8+ years working with enterprise-level information technology showing progression through more technical roles. Working with an enterprise-level donation management system is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience working on the salesforce.com platform, specifically with salesforce non-profit experience
- Able to translate business requirements into technical design specification.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, specifically related to donor, membership and program management
- Ability to lead and drive business solution engagements, align with executive stakeholders on strategy road map, and provide guidance on current project/program
- Ability to coach and mentor team members and provide constructive guidance where necessary
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead solution design and modeling sessions with the client
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and organizational levers for Nonprofit Cloud offerings
- Work closely with organization leaders, and process owners to gather requirements and translate those requirements to technical specifications
- Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Work with the client to build out their technology strategy and roadmap, enabling both quick wins and longer-term strategic goals, leveraging salesforce.com technology
- Create prototypes quickly and re-architect them for production readiness
- Lead the creation of project deliverables, spanning from process to system design elements with an emphasis on functional and technical design.
- If needed, coordinate developer tasks on large projects; lead design and reviews to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Provides guidance on all phases of software development lifecycle
- Support testing and root cause analysis, and provides lessons learned.
- Mentor junior staff.
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand