As the Marketing Manager for Traction Rec, you will be working to expand our reach and presence with community organizations such as YMCAs and JCCs. Your priority will be to focus on strategy, tactics and execution around demand generation, marketing and alliances, and product marketing to help fuel the growth of the wider Traction Rec team.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 5+ years of progressive B2B experience in a Marketing or Communications role, preferably in the technology sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Proven track record in planning, design, and production of digital assets using tools like Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
- Strong knowledge in developing solution briefs for extended agency or partner involvement
- Strong ability to use marketing automation tools (ex. Salesforce / Pardot) for data driven strategies
- Proven ability to use effective social media channels to drive messaging
- Demonstrated ability to own a pipeline quota to help drive growth
- Experience working with the Sales team and providing meaningful sales assets
- Experience working with partners and alliances within a technology ecosystem
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team building skills, with ability to work with all levels and roles of an organization effectively
What You Will Be Doing
- Creates and executes marketing strategies to generate demand and drive inbound leads
- Creates marketing messaging that resonates with our prospective customers
- Develops, executes, and implements marketing and advertising campaigns with an SEO (key word) focus
- Builds brand awareness in target markets through events
- Builds relationships with channels / media to drive website traffic and MQL conversion
- Aligns demand generation strategies to internal business applications
- Enables sales through communicating the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develops the sales tools to support the selling process of the products
- Supports go to market partnerships through marketing events and assets
- Identifies relevant industry or technology partnerships for brand awareness
- Monitors search trends to identify opportunities and website traffic to optimize site / page performance
- Develops product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Evaluates market conditions and benchmark against competitor data
- Plans the launch of new products, features or releases, and supports the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Coordinates and shares relevant information between sales, partners, and product team members
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results against plans and forecasts
- Identifies future market opportunities for Traction Rec
- May coordinate and manage the work of others
- Other duties as assigned
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
#LI-MS1Traction on Demand