As a Marketing & Communications Specialist at Traction on Demand you’ll be a part of the team that is responsible for developing and distributing marketing campaign content and communications through earned and owned media channels. This role will be working closely with stakeholders within the business, as well as at partnering organizations, like Salesforce, to develop strategic communications that speak directly to our audiences and hit our business objectives. You’ll then be responsible for distributing the content directly to our audiences or working with the Demand Generation team to effectively build them into broader campaigns.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 2-5 years experience in a marketing or communications role
- Formal business diploma or degree in a relevant field
- Advanced writing ability – a degree or diploma with emphasis on either academic or business writing is preferred
- Proven experience managing social media platforms and analytics
- Ability to learn new concepts and products quickly and to accurately translate those concepts to your audience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, working with a variety of stakeholders, projects and channels concurrently
- Proven project management skills across a range of communications disciplines
- WordPress/CMS experience preferred
What You Will Be Doing
At Traction on Demand, our business portfolio includes clients and prospects across a variety of industries and geographies; from global nonprofit organizations to the fastest growing tech firms on the planet, to household names in retail, manufacturing, healthcare and more.
- Support the development of communications across various verticals and targets
- Work with various stakeholders to discover and showcase interesting and impactful stories
- Collaborate and project manage with other teams to get content
- Learn the needs and challenges of each role within Traction and develop strategic communications and plans
- Connect with Tractionites to ensure maximum support and reach of your campaigns and content
Be it an owned or earned media channel, our Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for distributing content as well as nurturing the relationships associated with those channels; this could include relationships with external vendors like public relations or analyst and research firms.
Owned Media Channels of Focus:
- Traction on Demand website and blog
- Social media – LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube
- Email and database marketing
- Internal marketing channels
Earned Media Channels of Focus:
- Mainstream media
- Partner content
- Public, trade and government relations
- Analyst and research relations
What about analytics?!
A critical part of any successful marketing team in 2020 is being able to both measure the response and impact of your campaigns as well as listen and action on the data. Our marketing and communications specialists need to be data-driven with a strong understanding of how their work contributes to demand generation and our organizational objectives.
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – Salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand