As our Marketing Automation Data Architect, you will work closely with our internal teams and customers to find creative ways to design and integrate the Salesforce Marketing Cloud application into our clients marketing organizations. You love the challenge of working with clients and finding solutions to their complex data needs.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 8+ years’ experience working on complex data projects including migrations, integrations, data architecture and data governance
- Ability to convert high-level requirements into a solution – i.e. you do not need a detailed specification to be successful
- Experience eliciting complex data requirements from business stakeholders
- Develop, define, recommend, and document best practices and approaches to data architecture, process flow and integration architecture in various platforms.
- Solid experience with an ETL tool (ex. SSI, Boomi, or Informatica Power Centre, Mulesoft)
- Solid understanding of data warehousing and data modelling concepts and execution
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, etc.) an asset
- Experience with master data management projects and practices an asset
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Qlik, Salesforce Analytics an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Eliciting data requirements during business solution design sessions and translating these into a solution
- Data modelling for custom salesforce.com projects/functionality
- Provide data governance thought leadership to clients so that they can manage and use their data to its fullest
- Work with client back office staff to devise integration to/from SFMC
- Conducting data audits, cleansing and de-deduplication projects to clean data
- Conducting analysis of customer data to identify key predictors of activity
- Developing ETL processes for data migration and integration projects
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand