As a Data Architect specializing in Marketing Automation, you are responsible for understanding clients’ business challenges and requirements, designing and implementing data models and solutions in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and related technologies.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 8+ years SQL experience. SQL Server experience an asset.
- 5+ years experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (and/or Saleforce.com) ideal.
- Ability to understand high-level business requirements and elicit detailed requirements
- Marketing-focused initiatives – i.e. you do not need a detailed specification to be successful
- Ability to design a robust data model and solution, including considerations around integration, data migration, data governance, data quality, master data management, privacy and security
- Consider the data requirements needed to support other areas of the Marketing Automation solution in the data solution design
- Solid understanding of techniques and challenges involved in building data structures to support Marketing or Data Warehouse processes
- Solid understanding of the patterns, techniques and challenges involved in data migration and data integration
- Experience with an ETL tool, like SSIS, Boomi, or Informatica an asset
- Experience with reporting/BI tools, like Datorama an asset.
- A passion for data and Marketing – you love delving into data to understand structures and develop solutions. You are able to bridge the gap between technology and business to understand how Marketers need to use data for targeting.
- An eye for automation. You have that knack that helps you see ways to effectively automate repeatable tasks
- A passion for data – you love delving into data to understand structures and develop solutions
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and passion to learn continuously and a desire to be the best at what you do
- Effective communicator both internally and externally with customers
- Passionate and enthusiastic about producing quality work
- Determined to solve problems
- Provide thought-leadership on data-related best practices
- Looks to mentor and guide other members of the team
What You Will Be Doing
- Play a key role in solution design – including planning and leading discovery and solution sessions, gathering clients’ business requirements, developing quality documentation, and designing and presenting tailored marketing automation solutions to clients based on best practices
- Translate business requirements into a relevant Marketing-centric data model that satisfies a client’s business needs.
- Consult on data-related best practices in the context of a Marketing Automation solution
- Analyzing data to understand the data model and review data quality
- Integrate Salesforce and other data sources to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Integrate data from source systems/Data Warehouse/ Data Lake into Salesforce Marketing Cloud &/or Salesforce core.
- Conduct data migration to Salesforce from other system(s).
- Set up data processing automations within the platform
- Build data automations to support targeted/triggered communication via Journey Builder
- Building reports and dashboards using Datorama
- Lead implementations through build, testing and deployment
- Enable/Train clients on the Marketing cloud and the Salesforce toolset
- Support clients problem solve and deal with issues that arise
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
.Traction on Demand