As our Director of Delivery Excellence, you will lead our approach to ensure that our delivery methodologies, tools and processes are consistent and optimized.
You bring extensive experience in leading and driving internal teams to effectively influence change. Under your guidance and through the development of a strategic roadmap, your team will recommend changes, drive DEX Initiatives, provide rollout ready content and coordinate with different stakeholder groups. DEX also plays a pivotal support change management role by monitoring key adoption metrics, refining content and supporting Focus Groups.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with IT services and 4+ years of Salesforce.com services delivery leadership bringing a strong understanding of a professional services end to end business model.
- Experience in leading and managing organizational change through rapid growth.
- Knowledge of customer experience processes and how to identify key interaction points, measure our performance and improve the processes
- Experience in defining and measuring best practice Professional Services measures/KPIs
- Experience in analyzing, designing and implementing Professional Services / Operations processes
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience as a Project and/or Program Manager
- Exposure to a variety of project lifecycles (Agile, Waterfall, etc) used in Professional Services inclusive of Presales, Delivery and Support activities
- Exposure to Application Lifecycle Management and Professional Services Automation tools.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in applying Change Management methodologies to drive successful adoption and business transformation
- Ability to coach and mentor team members and provide constructive guidance where necessary
- Ability to work at all levels of an organization effectively
- Ability to travel (post-Covid)
What You Will Be Doing
Process and Tool Improvement
- Bring a wide range of expertise in overall project delivery lifecycles with core expertise in professional services operations and automation
- Encourage, gather and standardize process/tool usage and improvements at the grass roots level within squads, guilds, projects, etc.
- Work with other Delivery Excellence (DEX) team members to document improved, scaleable and streamlined project management and oversight processes, templates, job-aids and training and communication material and ensure tight alignment with tool improvements/processes; Gather/Re-use before build from scratch.
- Lead the dive into various tools in order to understand, evaluate and design best tool options to support, automate and streamline our requirements processes
- Gather and sanitize assets/examples
- Work with presales, BDs to align our delivery processes and tools and data with how we sell, how we scope (including using Estimator and staffing rules of thumb) and healthy sales to delivery handoffs
- Drive the continued maturity of how we use a balanced set of project metrics to improve visibility, efficiency, proactive decision making and customer satisfaction
- Work with and support Squad Operations to identify improvements in project staffing, hiring analytics and other areas of operations, as it pertains to and impacts the delivery lifecycle.
- Capitalize on awareness of Traction history and culture demonstrated by ability to navigate obstacles and personalities
- Overcome stated and unstated objections and garner trust and participation
- Partner with squads to build connections, drive excitement and syndicate practices via Focus Groups
- Encourage participation and consensus while still driving to preferred decisions
- Plan and execute change management / rollout / adoption plans
- Deliver communication and collaborate with TU for training delivery
- Measure and monitor adoption progress and take corrective action if needed
- Identify pain points and analyze data to help prioritize backlog of business needs driven initiatives
- Develop/monitor project plans and manage to deadlines and risks; handle multi-tasking and multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously.
- Collaborate with BT/IT and Enable to prioritize and implement tool improvements.
- Communicate specific development and QA needs to Traction BT/IT/Enable teams, coordinate and track progress against commitments and verify what is delivered
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability statusTraction on Demand