As our Dev Ops Lead, you are passionate about solving problems and engineering automated solutions. You’re a lover of detail but still have a handle on the big picture, and you excel at tracking processes to keep your team mates in the loop and on track.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 6+ years of experience working in Server Infrastructure management, Release Manager Role, Deployment expert
- 1+ years of experience in managing teams
- Salesforce, APEX, SFDX
- Experience with Salesforce Managed Packages and Second Generation Packaging
- Jenkins, Ant, Groovy, MAVEN, and Shell scripting languages
- Solid understanding of Salesforce Metadata Type and Dependencies
- Salesforce Admin Certified, Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle, and Deployment Designer Certification preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Development/Deployment/Integration design and best practices
- Experience in Agile development practices (Kanban or Scrum)
- Strong expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.) operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and work closely with others to drive operational improvement
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviors based on known interdependencies between those systems
- Ability to handle ambiguity, embracing change, and helping others see it as an opportunity and ability to stay focused on goals while adapting to change
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage Salesforce Application Releases using Changeset, ANT, CI/CD, Copado, Gearset, Jenkins, SFDX Second Generation Packaging
- Maintain and adding features to Jenkins automation
- Manage and design, build, and deployment pipelines
- Monitor automated jobs and fix issues as they arise
- Plan and execute scheduled releases for multiple client instances through automation
- Release notes management for each release
- Manage git repos with the team and helping them merge/deploy and Having a solid understanding of CI/CD Processes
- Work closely with the development team to resolve to build problems/merge conflicts
- Keep consistency between Client Salesforce sandbox environments, from Development through QA, UAT, and Production
- Design and implement configuration management best practices for software deployment
- Application hosting technologies (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.), Version control, and source code administration
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – Salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.