As our Deployment Architect, you will provide technical strategy and direction to our clients and our project teams to drive best practice environment management, branching strategy, and continuous automated deployments.You will define our internal processes and be a thought leader in the Salesforce CI/CD space and will be viewed by our clients as a trusted advisor. You will build a team around you to manage enterprise deployments for Traction on Demand and our clients.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Degree or diploma in a Computer Science, Business Administration or related subject
- Minimum 3 years experience with metadata API & deployments
- Minimum 2 years experience with Salesforce DX structure, scratch orgs and packaging
- Extensive knowledge around challenging metadata areas and resolving merge conflicts
- Minimum 2 years experience managing Salesforce metadata source using Git and Git based workflows – branching strategies, pull requests and merging, web hooks
- Experience with Salesforce CLI, ANT, Gearset, Bitbucket and Jenkins (or similar) highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce platform experience
- Active Salesforce certifications, specifically Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer, or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills are required
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, scale and grow global release management practice within Traction on Demand
- Setting up processes and best practice for release management across all teams within Traction on Demand
- Define and drive strategic initiatives to improve the SDLC and DevOps maturity
- Develop strategies for leveraging and adopting Salesforce packaging
- Manage the planning and execution of all deployment activities across multiple project streams in a continuous delivery environment.
- Liaise and consult with the client to manage/adjust our release strategy as needed
- Provide developer training to ensure consistency on the release management process between project streams
- Follow release planning and execution processes; define and manage release schedules and milestones through development, test and production environments.
- Support merge conflicts and clean-up source control as needed
- Track and manage deployment checklist and other related documentation
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – Salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand