As our Data Developer, Marketing Automation (Datorama), you love a challenge and are eager to learn. You understand people, and have the ability to hear a symptom, identify the problem and scribe a solution. You work well in a casual yet fast-paced team environment. You work well with others yet have the independence to support and drive projects. You have what it takes to grow with our business, for the long run. Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills.
Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey! Traction on Demand is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 3+ years of experience in:
- BI/Analytics implementations
- Data modeling and database development
- ETL processes and SQL
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is an asset
- Ability to understand high-level business requirements and elicit detailed requirements
- Experience with advanced analytics reporting and managing large data sets
- Understanding of large data structures and concepts
- Experience using Datorama or similar agnostic data marketing dashboards
- Proficient in data modeling and organizing data relationships
- BI tool experience with large data sets (Tableau, Good Data, Birst, SAS)
- Programming language understanding
- Datorama certification an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Consult on data-related best practices in the context of a Datorama and Marketing Automation solution
- Manage extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps, via Datorama. Data sources will include: digital media platforms/adserver, web analytics tools, ad verification, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, sales performance platforms etc.
- Implement and manage data system architecture
- Audit and manage data taxonomy/classifications from multiple systems and partners.
- Manage the extraction, loading, and transformation of multiple data sets
- Cleanse all data and metrics; perform override updates where necessary
- Execute all business rules according to requirements
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency throughout the process.
- Manage and execute thorough QA process and ensure quality and accuracy of all data and reporting deliverables
- Manipulate and analyze “big” data sets synthesized from a variety of sources, including media platforms and marketing automation tools
- Partner with Analysts as needed to generate data visualizations and ensure data is presented accurately and is visually pleasing
- Apply industry best practices to deliver robust yet flexible data solutions
- Support clients problem solve and deal with issues that arise
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.Traction on Demand