As our Compensation & Benefits Analyst you will Support in the execution of a consistent compensation and benefits philosophy in line with work culture and organisational objectives.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
- Degree in human resources, business administration or finance
- 3+ year of working experience under the Compensation and Benefits cycle management and specialization
- 5+ years of prior experience in HR practices
- Working knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Previous experience with organisational psychology and labour market surveys
- Adequate knowledge of current labour rules and regulations
- Familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits
- Knowledge of HRIS and GSuite (Workday is an asset)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Support in the execution of a consistent compensation and benefits philosophy in line with work culture and organisational objectives
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation (pay equity, applicable employment standards, etc)
- Use various methods and techniques and make data based decisions on direct financial, indirect financial and nonfinancial compensations
- Prepare job descriptions, job analysis, job evaluations and job classifications
- Participate in salary and labour market surveys to determine prevailing pay rates and benefits
- Differentiate pay systems to invest in the segments of workforce that contribute the most value
- Deploy effective communication strategies and success metrics
- Support on benefits plan design and deployment
- Support on general employee benefits administration
- Conduct ongoing research into emerging trends, issues and best practices
- Conduct periodic audits and prepare reports
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – Salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Traction on Demand