As a Business Intelligence Specialist, you will work closely with our internal teams and customers to find creative ways to integrate, enrich and clean information in a cloud-based infrastructure. You may also be called on to analyze data to uncover insights.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction on Demand is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 2+ years’ experience working with customer data, ideally integrated into a CRM system or Data Warehouse environment.
- Experience implementing a business intelligence tool (ex.Cognos, Tableau, Qlik, Oracle)
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Ability to convert high-level requirements into a solution
- Solid experience with an ETL tool (SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter or Dell Boomi, etc.)
- Experience working with third party enrichment tools such as Dun and Bradstreet, Hoovers or OneSource an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Integrating data from disparate data sources
- Designing and building analytical data models on the Einstein Analytics platform that will be used in custom applications, as well as enable non-technical users to perform their own ad-hoc data analysis
- Developing visualizations on the Salesforce Einstein Analytics platform to provide actionable insights to business stakeholders
- Understand and explain analytics solutions at the technical and business level
- Demonstrating analytics solutions and features to prospective clients
- Prototype solutions based on various and industry-specific use-cases
- Provide guidance on QA and data validation
- Identify and provide recommendations on how to solve data quality issues
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand