An Assistant Controller is not just an accountant, but a true business partner within Traction. You will offer financial insights, as well as operational best practices to help the company understand how it has performed in the past, and how it can continue to grow in the future!
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- CPA or other recognized Professional Accounting Designation
- Proven experience as an Assistant Controller or other similar position, including the management of a team
- 4-6 years of experience in the accounting and finance space
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial period closure, reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc)
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
- Public company experience, or experience in a high growth consulting or SAAS-based company is an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Working with a wide array of people within Traction to help them understand past performance, plan for future success, and improve processes
- Implement and maintain solid financial and operational controls to ensure Traction has the stability and structure to continue to scale
- Assist in the maintenance of a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Serve as a role model in financial management and internal controls: best practice sharing, proactive actions and creative problem-solving activities
- Assist with Accounts Receivable to ensure collections are made in a timely matter, including our travel invoicing process
- Assist with Accounts Payable to ensure expenses are properly allocated and cash is managed appropriately
- Ensure that the monthly close process runs seamlessly and accurately
- Preparation of timely, accurate and complete consolidated and stand-alone financial statements quarterly
- Coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Ownership of provincial, federal, and state government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Preparation and ownership of various funding and grant opportunities
- Project management of adhoc projects for operational internal improvements
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand