As our Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with all financial activities related to invoicing and cash collections. You will learn the business, own your portion of the work, and pitch in when necessary, working within the finance team and closely with Tractionites throughout the company.
This role is very client-centric and your ability to work with others will be paramount. You are energetic, highly motivated and love interacting with people.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Accounts Receivable
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Able to operate effectively & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with various stakeholders including customers
- Strong proficient with MS Office suite is required
- Diploma or certificate in Business Administration is an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Day-to-day management of client accounts, including reconciliation, collection calls, dispute identification and resolution
- Responding to internal and external client account inquiries
- Interacting with Tractionites across the business to research outstanding balances and resolve client issues
- Working within the collections software on configuration and process that will improve the timeliness of billings and collections
- Identify and escalate client issues where appropriate
- Maintain detailed notes on collection activity and scheduled follow ups
- Prepare ad hoc A/R reports and analysis as needed
- Assisting with customer billing
- Generating and reviewing regular accounts receivable aging reports and providing analysis on high risk accounts for management
- Improving and implementing financial processes to drive organization efficiencies
- Assist with month and year end close processes which includes reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries
- Assist with systems projects and process improvement initiatives
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
#LI-MS1Traction on Demand