As our Accounts Payable Specialist, you are passionate about efficiency, able to provide valuable insight best practices, and are hungry to do what it takes to deeply understand our company and manage cash outflows and the Accounts Payable process. You will learn the business, own your portion of the work, and pitch in when necessary.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
Do the right thing
Seek adventures and smiles
Healthy hearts and heads
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Proven experience as an Accounts Payable clerk or oversight of the AP process in a similar position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to forge effective relationships through all organizational levels and with vendors
- An undergraduate degree in Business (Finance, Accounting) and/or experience in full cycle accounting
- High level of expertise in all areas of modern practices and procedures and efficient data-entry
- The ability to manipulate, analyze, and perform reconciliation activities with data utilizing
- Passion for process improvement and the drive and tenacity to exceed performance expectations and manage change
What You Will Be Doing
- Plan and monitor purchases and the purchase approval process, including company-wide expense report policy and procedures
- Continuing to improve the payment process including implementing software as required to achieve efficiencies as we scale
- Provide business unit leaders with regular financial updates on spend, as well as implement solid financial and operational controls around AP
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances, including vendor, bank and credit card reconciliations
- Manage the expense report and travel invoicing processes, including analyzing invoice/expense reports & recording entries
- Implementing a global purchase requisition and purchase order system with various approval hierarchies
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Manage our corporate credit card process, assisting card holders with questions and improving the process
- Assist with systems projects and process improvement initiatives
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if we feel there’s a fit!
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.