As our Accounts Payable Manager, you are passionate about efficiency, able to provide valuable insight best practices, and are hungry to do what it takes to deeply understand our company and manage cash outflows and the Accounts Payable process. You will be a key member of the accounting team providing oversight of financial reporting and month end procedures. You will learn the business, own your portion of the work, and pitch in when necessary.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
Do the right thing
Seek adventures and smiles
Healthy hearts and heads
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable of 3+ years, or oversight of the AP process in a similar position
- Experience developing and implementing workflow process for the efficient running of the AP department
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience working in Concur an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to forge effective relationships through all organizational levels and with vendors
- An undergraduate degree in Business (Finance, Accounting) and/or experience in full cycle accounting
- High level of expertise in all areas of modern practices and procedures
- Passion and ability to implement processes and the drive and tenacity to exceed performance expectations and manage change
What You Will Be Doing
- Continuing to improve the payment process including implementing software as required to achieve efficiencies as we scale
- Implementing solid financial and operational controls around AP and cash outflows
- Managing our global corporate credit card process, assisting card holders with questions and improving the process
- Leading the month-end process for AP, including preparing and entering month end accruals, managing Accounts Payable Specialist workloads to ensure all transaction processing is completed before month end cut-off, reviewing all entered invoices for accuracy before posting batches
- You will work with a wide array of people within Traction to help plan and monitor purchases and the purchase approval process, including company-wide expense report policy and procedures
- Providing troubleshooting support to the AP team
- Answering questions from vendors with respect to payment status and diffuses any potential issues
- Managing the expense report and travel invoicing processes, including analyzing invoice/expense reports & recording entries
- Serving as a role model in financial management and internal controls: best practice sharing, proactive actions and creative problem-solving activities
- Providing business unit leaders with regular financial updates on spend
- Ownership of bank and credit card reconciliations
- Implementing a global purchase requisition and purchase order system with various approval hierarchies
- Assisting with systems projects and process improvement initiatives
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand