As a Data Developer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions in Datorama and the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You will be responsible for leading technical sessions with key stakeholders and executing on client implementations based on best practices.
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
- Post-Secondary in the following areas is preferred: Business Administration, Marketing Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience using Datorama or similar marketing analytics tools, and:
- Experience with Web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Experience working with and analyzing digital advertising spend and performance
- Experience analyzing email performance metrics like Salesforce Marketing Cloud is an asset
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and an understanding of leads, opportunities and campaigns.
- 5+ years experience in:
- BI/Analytics implementations with large data sets (Tableau, Good Data, Birst, SAS)
- Experience Data modeling and database development
- ETL processes and SQL
- Solid understanding of digital media and analytics, and the online advertising industry and ecosystem
- Strong ability to understand high-level business requirements and elicit detailed requirements
- Solid understanding of large data structures and concepts
- Proficient in data modeling and organizing data relationships
- Proficient in advanced analytics reporting and managing large data sets
- Programming language understanding
- Datorama certification an asset
What We are Looking For:
- A passion for data and Marketing – you love delving into data to understand structures and develop solutions. You are able to bridge the gap between technology and business to understand how Marketers need to use data for targeting.
- An eye for automation. You have that knack that helps you see ways to effectively automate repeatable tasks
- A passion for data – you love delving into data to understand structures and develop solutions
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and passion to learn continuously and a desire to be the best at what you do
- Effective communicator both internally and externally with customers
- Passionate and enthusiastic about producing quality work
- Determined to solve problems
- Provide thought-leadership on data-related best practices
- Looks to mentor and guide other members of the team
What You Will Be Doing
- Play a key role in solution design – including planning and leading discovery and solution sessions, gathering clients’ business requirements, developing dashboard wireframes and quality documentation, and designing and presenting tailored marketing automation solutions to clients based on best practices
- Consult on data-related best practices in the context of a Datorama and Marketing Automation solution
- Manage extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps, via Datorama. Data sources will include: digital media platforms/adserver, web analytics tools, ad verification, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, sales performance platforms etc.
- Implement and manage data system architecture
- Audit and manage data taxonomy/classifications from multiple systems and partners
- Manage the extraction, loading, and transformation of multiple data sets
- Cleanse all data and metrics; perform override updates where necessary
- Execute all business rules according to requirements
- Manage and execute thorough QA process and ensure quality and accuracy of all data and reporting deliverables
- Manipulate and analyze “big” data sets synthesized from a variety of sources, including media platforms and marketing automation tools
- Develop dashboards and relevant data visualizations
- Apply industry best practices to deliver robust yet flexible data solutions
- Build documentation
- Enable/train clients on Datorama and the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform
- Support clients problem solve and deal with issues that arise
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbors. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by using technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running. We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.Traction on Demand