As our Business Development Representative, you will be Traction on Demand’s first impression. You will play a special role in setting the scene for what prospects, clients or candidates can expect from Traction on Demand. Inviting people to join us as a community means approaching things a little differently, engaging people in conversation, building value added relationships first then providing services that make their work life easier and more enjoyable second.
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Diploma/ Certificate or equivalent experience
- Formalized sales training an asset
- An ability to understand the needs and challenges of a business and relate them to solutions
- An ability to multi-task in a SUPER fast paced environment
- Willingness and passion to quickly learn skills and knowledge that you don’t currently possess
- Desire to be the best at what you do
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead creation, qualification and management through to BD
- Lead and customer engagement and asset/value sharing
- Leveraging the Salesforce platform and ecosystem capabilities to:
- Track inbound requests and engagement
- Follow up with internal stakeholders to ensure experience standards are met
- Build and optimize inbound engagement plays in High Velocity Sales, tailoring the message to the lead and monitoring prospect interaction
- Manage client and lead communications through ABM, marketing automation and Salesforce
- Roughly 60% Inbound and 20% outbound lead engagement based on your specific vertical and 20% individual projects.
- Build relationships with relevant vertical BDs and create inbound emails and call scripts for that vertical
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if we would like to move forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Traction on Demand