How Zedi is leveraging Salesforce Service Cloud to provide their customers with an effortless support experience
Zedi is an oil and gas technology and services company that helps their customers realize their oil and gas production potential through technology, field services, professional services and data management.
Realizing that an excellent customer experience was a key strategic differentiator for their business, Zedi approached Traction to help them transition to Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Zedi’s service team was working within an ERP system that was originally built for their finance team, making their support processes less intuitive.
- Zedi’s service agents previously managed their customer support issues and cases through a series of 21 systems including browsers, fat clients and thin clients. All 21 systems were required to handle each support case.
- With many locations across the globe, Zedi’s support team needed to provide the same level of service, regardless of geography.
- Support/case closure time was long and required customer and 3rd party involvement. The length of time cases were open ranged from minutes to months, often limiting the impact or ability of the service team to support their customer.
- The main focus of the project was to design and implement a process/system that was both efficient and scalable and would “delight their customers.”
Zedi and Traction on Demand identified Salesforce’s Service Cloud offering as the best solution for managing and simplifying Zedi’s support system. The project with Traction entailed several key aspects.
- Implementing Salesforce Service Cloud to manage all customer support to provide a personalized and expedited experience for each case/customer/agent.
- The development of more pertinent and manageable channels for customers and field agents to submit support cases (web to case, phone to case, text to case, cases from services online, etc.).
- The creation of a 360 degree view of Zedi’s customers for their service agents using a master customer repository for all data, which then served five major systems throughout the business.
- The development of a scalable data model that allows for further Salesforce enhancements for Zedi’s field services using Communities.
- Zedi gained revenue assurance via the capture of all billable events. Prior to the project, 12% of revenue was lost as a result of misreporting and projects that were buried within Zedi’s systems.
- The single sign on functionality created for all agents managing support cases reduced complexity and increased support efficiency.
- The project resulted in a faster onboarding process for support agents with fewer systems and a more intuitive and efficient process.
- The Service Cloud platform now includes workflow support for over 250 discreet service tasks performed by agents on a regular basis. This has drastically reduced the time required to close a case.
- Zedi has achieved 100% agent adoption of their new Service Cloud system to the delight of customers and agents, as seen through support feedback.
A Note from Maria Gonzaga, Customer Relationship Manager, Zedi
“Service Cloud had me excited within 10 minutes of seeing it. I was skeptical whether the rest of the hour could surpass how excited I was from the beginning. However, Service Cloud certainly delivered. I want to give a big shout out for all the work that has been done to capture our needs. I have had bad experiences working with vendors in the past and the entire Service Cloud/Traction team has been a pleasure to work with.”
Project Insights Regarding Service and Data
The support system workflow now includes input from customers and field agents which ensures everyone involved is fully informed about the status of their case.
To ensure the highest level of data security, Zedi worked with Salesforce and Traction to choose the right encryption and security settings for both them and their service partner.