Author: Ryan Anderson, Business Solutions Consultant at Traction on Demand
Audience: Salesforce Administrators looking to leverage Lightning
Technical Understanding: Basic
Cloud: Salesforce Sales Cloud
It’s back-to-school season, and that means picking up school supplies, making lunches, helping with homework and reading the Salesforce Release Notes. Since you’ll be busy with the first three tasks, we’ve got you covered with the last one: a highlight reel of the Salesforce Winter ’18 Release Notes.
Lightning Feature Updates
Dynamic Lightning Pages
This feature enables users to control where components appear on Lightning record pages by adding filter logic and conditions to its properties. This means you can determine the page layout to display specific fields and components based on the criteria you define. This allows you to:
- Streamline your Salesforce record pages.
- Eliminate administrative clutter with fewer page layouts and record types.
Related List Quick Links
A Salesforce Classic feature is back in action! Related List Quick Links allow users to view multiple related lists in quick succession by hovering over a link. Even better, this feature doesn’t share the Lightning limitation of four columns on a related list, rather it displays the fields that you specify.
Mass Edit on List Views
Every Salesforce Admin will be drooling over this feature. With Winter ’18, users can mass edit records from directly within list views, eliminating redundant manual processes and making changes quick and painless.
This enhancement also comes with the ability to:
- Resize columns with ease.
- Specify whether you want to clip the text within the column or wrap it.
- Revert your changes with the click of a button if you’ve experimented a little too much.
- Clone your changes if you like what you’ve done.
Salesforce is taking a page out of Google’s book with enhanced search. The new release allows users to find items more easily in two fundamental ways.
1. Global Search now offers spell-check and relevant suggestions on Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities, allowing users to find everything faster, easier and in fewer attempts. Say goodbye, pesky asterisk.
2. Quick Access Search Bar in Setup now allows you to search for items based on relevance! Don’t remember exactly where to configure Permission Sets but know they have something to do with access? Type “Access” and it will display everything access-related within the Setup menu.
Partner Channel Management
Partner Channel Management gives users the ability to manage partners with multiple channel programs spanning geographies, loyalty levels and target markets. This Partner Relationship Management tool now provides a 360-degree view of not only your customers, but also your resellers, value-added resellers and distributors, rewarding them accordingly.
Please note: This feature adds eight new objects to the core Salesforce Data Model, including related lists on the Account and Campaign objects. There is a some effort required to implement Partner Channel Management, but since it is natively available in Winter ’18, it will save you time in comparison to a custom solution.
With Einstein Discovery, you can now find patterns in the data within your Salesforce records and existing datasets (without having to build complicated data analysis models).
While Einstein Language enables users to categorize and analyze unstructured text to determine products prospects are interested in, as well as route service cases by tone and sentiment. Einstein Language can even decipher customer feedback to better provide targeted self-service.
Einstein Vision offers a very different type of functionality from Einstein Language, enabling users to leverage pre-trained or custom image classification that learns as it sees to solve a plethora of image recognition use cases.
Ready to Learn More?
The Release Notes go into everything listed above in detail, but this should give you a good start. If you’d like to learn more about how these and other features may benefit your Salesforce org, please get in touch with our experts.