Traction For Good is Traction on Demand’s community engagement program. Its purpose is three-fold: we support community through donations, volunteerism and pro-bono services. Without our clients and the relentless dedication of staff, Traction For Good wouldn’t exist. For this reason alone, we support causes that are close to our staff and clients’ hearts.
Traction For Good in Action
We have given to the following organizations in 2012/13:
- KidSafe Project
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Hope for Freedom Society
- Pacific Salmon Foundation
- Heart & Stroke Foundation, via Big Bike event
- Surf For Life (school construction in Costa Rica)
- Project Somos “buy a brick” campaign
- Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
- KidSport (“Kid for a Day” event)
- SHARE Family and Community Services
- Salvation Army’s “Adopt-a-family” program
- Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary
- Prostate Cancer Canada (via Movember)
- Time: Vancouver Back Children’s Choir, BC Social Venture Partners, Potluck Catering, Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
2011 giving: Covenant House Vancouver, Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver, the BC Cancer Foundation, and BC Children’s Hospital, Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation.
Volunteerism/community involvement: As a team, we have volunteered at the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society and participated in the Heart & Stroke Foundation’s Big Bike event. Traction won the “Community Spirit Award” for the tri-cities area for its effort and enthusiasm!
Pro-bono: We are committed to working on one pro-bono Salesforce.com implementation at any given time to support non-profit organizations better manage their donor and volunteer data. Over the last year we have supported 3-4 organizations with their Salesforce implementations, such as BC Social Venture Partners, the Vancouver Police Foundation, Kelowna Ballet and the Vancouver Bach Children’s Choir.
If you have any questions about Traction for Good, please contact Michelle Malpass, Director of Community Performance: firstname.lastname@example.org