As our Strategic Solutions Manager, your top priority is to build strong and trusted relationships with our customers.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Create connections
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a client facing role managing IT based projects
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation)
- Hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products (Salesforce.com, Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, PeopleSoft, NetSuite) would be a strong asset
- Any project management related certification (CAPM, PMP etc.) is an asset
- Ability to interact with a customer’s executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to multi-task in a SUPER fast paced environment
- Willingness and passion to learn what you don’t have knowledge in quickly
- Desire to be the best at what you do
- Minimal travel
- Effective communicator both internally and externally with customers
- Passionate and enthusiastic about producing excellent quality
- Determined to solve problems
- Organized with a strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead Discovery Meetings with Key Stakeholders to understand current business process
- Identify Business Pain Points and objectives to conquer
- With Knowledge of Salesforce Capabilities, come up with solutions to address pain points
- Produce documentation to support communication of pain points and associated salesforce oriented solutions
- Gather detailed requirements to support discovery results & Document
- Plan projects in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards
- Participate in/ Lead Discovery Sessions with clients on their business requirements/ processes
- Requirements Documentation – logging client requirements on the project and managing this through to execution
- Producing Visio diagrams to document the client’s current business flow and how that will change once our solution is implemented
- Schedule tasks, deadlines, and milestones for stakeholders and resources
- Identify schedule uncertainties and project risks
- Coordinate clients, service providers and internal team members
- Intimately understand the requirements of projects and ensure that work proceeds on-spec
- Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality
- Efficiently and competently manage roadblocks — when things go off plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines etc.) bring them back on plan or create a new plan with the assistance of key-stakeholders
- Monitor and report on the progress of projects to all stakeholders
- Hands-on implementation of CRM and Marketing Automation solutions with the use of SAAS based tools
- Explain our technology and proposed solutions to Clients
- Articulate design rationale and function strategy as it directly relates to accomplishing goals set out (where applicable)
- Present work to the client at milestones throughout production process
- Train clients on use of delivered work
- Support & help trouble-shoot delivered work during project and post-project
- Ensure client expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered
- Provide soft-sales (up-selling opportunities) or articulate these opportunities to the appropriate channels
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.