As our SR&ED & Grant Writing Specialist you enjoy looking for gold, looking in every remote and hidden corner of our vast country for locked away treasures. Leaving no stone unturned. Our growing company qualifies for at least seven different government subsidies, grants and rebates from the Federal and Provincial governments. These are just the ones we have stumbled on, but there are countless others that we are not yet familiar with. We have offices in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec.
We are seeking a SR&ED & Grant Writing Specialist that will be responsible to help us discover these opportunities and own the process of applying for them. Knowing what to apply for is only half the battle. Every one of these applications requires a different approach. What we receive is very subjective and is based entirely on the quality of the response. A great interviewer (you) will extract the right information from the right people in our business. Then, a great writer (you) will compile all that information into the appropriate format for each application.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with 2 years grant writing experience
- Experience with SR&ED claims
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; concise and articulate
- Top-shelf research skills with amazing follow through
- Ability to understand the needs of Traction on Demand & the tech industry
- Great organizational skills with strong persistence and tenacity
- Ability to work independently and play well with teams
- Outstanding computer skills
What you will be doing
- Generates all proposals and supporting documents for timely submissions for grants, awards and subsidies across Canada, and eventually, in the US
- Drive our SR&ED claim program, including creating the process, gathering information and completing the application
- Identifies new and emerging funding opportunities
- Produces and maintains annual calendar of awards, grant schedules
- Liaises with internal subject matter experts to gather the appropriate information
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.