As our Solution Engineer, you will be working with our business development team, subject matter experts (sales, service, marketing, data) and lead strategists to bring innovative solutions and strategies that map cloud based solutions and technologies to meet customer needs, simultaneously supporting the sales flow and Traction’s go-to-market strategy.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Seek Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 2+ years of experience creating solutions on the salesforce.com platform
- Strong business acumen combined with a deep understanding of infrastructure technologies and a broad understanding of SaaS technologies, and solutions
- SF Admin Certification at a minimum, ideally Sales/ Service Cloud Certification
- Degree/ certificate in Computer Science or another technical field would be an asset
- Effective communicator both internally and externally
- Passionate and enthusiastic about producing quality work
- Determined to solve problems
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for driving deeper level technical requirements by leading discoveries during sales process to scope and estimate the projects
- Architect technical and business solutions to match client needs
- Support statement-of-work creation and estimation process
- Provide technical coaching and development to other Business Development team members
- Develop, present and deliver high impact demonstrations of Traction solutions and coordinate/facilitate all presales activities
- Work with external account executives to prioritize sales opportunities
- Maintain lead/account/opportunity updates within salesforce.com to manage and prioritize sales opportunities
- Clearly articulate the benefits of potential solutions to all client levels up to “C” level executives
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.