Traction Rec is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our team! We are building the best product in the recreation space and we are looking for a strong leader for our development team. You come from a technical background, are still technical, and you understand best practices when it comes to SaaS development. You enjoy the people you work with because you truly believe in what you’re doing. Bonus points for having Salesforce.com experience.
Traction Rec is a subsidiary company of Traction on Demand.
Traction’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Pursue knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent education and experience
- 4+ years’ experience providing leadership to a development team
- 2+ years’ experience in a development role
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (git, tfs, etc.)
- com experience/exposure an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage a team of 20 Developers
- Ensure the team is well supported by demonstrating excellent people management skills
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture
Drive Development Best Practices
- Manage the development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers
- Provide technical leadership for development and innovative solutions that move the business
- Fanatical about having accurate estimates
- You like delivering software iteratively and will work closely with our Product Manager to prioritize Traction Rec’s deliverables
Delivery of Product Features
- On time delivery of product features
- Plan releases and schedule development
- Balance resources with task assignment
- Effectively communicate any risk around delivery dates
- Track and report progress against key milestones
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
Traction Rec is a complete replacement for a recreation facility’s membership, facility, programming, development and other operational needs, as well as the integration hub for other systems. It is designed to streamline and simplify an organization’s business processes by allowing users to access everything on one platform.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.