We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst, to join our Traction Rec team! You will have the opportunity to work on this great new Traction venture and help to bring this product to market! You savor the opportunity to experiment with new projects and ‘look for trouble’ while doing so. You’re a lover of detail but still have a handle on the big picture, and you excel at tracking processes to keep your team mates in the loop and on track.
The mission for the QA Analyst is to:
- Develop and document test cases and around project requirements, business requirements, design requirements, and release notes with minimal guidance
- Execute and/or coordinate manual testing which will include functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, end to end testing and user acceptance testing
- Able to create regression/end-to-end test cases as well as update regression/end-to-end test cases when new features have been added to the application
- Able to coordinate QA work with temporary QA’s from other teams
- Provide help/advice with the creation of UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Coordinate with source systems to facilitate the development of QA data for testing purposes.
- Document test results, logs and tracks defects and participates in bug defect review processes to identify priorities and remediation strategies.
- Prepare reports on deficits on problems that arise during the test cycles
- Ensure that issues are properly documented using appropriate tools and communications to all relevant stakeholders
- Able to improve the Traction Rec QA process with continual assessment on process improvement
- 6-8 years of experience working in QA with thorough knowledge of QA best practices
- Understand how test automation can benefit a QA process
- Minimal error rate and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to communicate clearly to peers, and clients whenever possible
- Good business and technical acumen: able to structure and analyze requirements into discrete test procedures
- Keen to help and share knowledge with others; cares for peers and their overall well-being
- Works well under pressure: reliable and able to get things done with important deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable: can adjust to changing priorities and timelines
- Seeks to understand client’s business requirements and provides input to serve the client
- Demonstrates a willingness and tenacity to finish what they’ve started
- Has a can-do attitude about their work and Traction
- Admin certified in 3 months
- Executes test cases and provides debugging support within first week
- Creates high quality test plans derived from requirements within first 30 days
- Provides input on quality process at Traction by 3 months
- Benchmark # of customer reported bugs and decrease defects within 6 months
If you‘re interested, get started right away with the application process by clicking the button below.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.