As our Project Manager, you will be a detail oriented individual, with an aptitude for technology. You work well in a casual yet fast-paced team environment. You work well with others, yet have the confidence to support and drive projects. You have what it takes to grow with our business, for the long run. Maybe, you even like wake-boarding…
As a Project Manager at Traction, your top priority will be working with the development team to drive the timelines of our product releases. You will be responsible for the implementation of Traction’s product lines – Guest, Hierarchies, Complete, and Territories.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Create connections
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 5+ years in Software Project Management
- High aptitude for hunger to work in technology
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to interact with a customer’s executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to multi-task in a SUPER fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science
- Project management related certification
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Scrum Master Certification
- 5+ years in Project Management managing IT based projects
What You Will Be Doing
- Create and maintain detailed project schedules and planning documents (effort estimates, resource requirements, and capital costs, etc.)
- Plans projects and releases in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
- Schedules tasks, deadlines, and milestones for stakeholders and resources.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and identify schedule uncertainties.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Own the timeline for completing each phase of implementing the products and hold the team accountable to those timelines.
- Assist in the creation and coordination of features across Agile scrum teams, as well as taking on the role of scrum master on one or more teams.
- Coordinates internal team members in each role to successfully deliver releases.
- Intimately understands the requirements of our products and ensures that work proceeds on-spec.
- Understands Traction’s cloud based technologies and the platforms we work with (CRM, Jira, BitBucket, Smartsheet, etc.) in order to manage scope and solution.
- Evaluates deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality.
- Acts as a leader: responsible for the day-to-day execution of the project process.
- Efficiently and competently manages roadblocks – when things go off plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines etc.) bring them back on plan or create a new plan with the assistance of key-stakeholders.
- Actively monitor project progress, track outstanding issues and risks, chair project meetings, follow up on action items, and provide timely project status updates to engineering, sales, marketing and management.
- Continuously evolve software project management processes to ensure an efficient project lifecycle, borrowing concepts from modern software development methodologies like Scrum and SAFe.
- Understands any external client deadlines and helps to accomplish those goals amongst the prioritized roadmap.
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.