As our Facilities Manager, you are a real “do-er” with a great attitude and thrive on working with people. We are looking for someone to own the happiness of our Tractionites, and ensure that the space encourages their best work and helping us to scale up as our offices around North America grow.
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 5-10 years of in-depth senior-level experience within a multi-property organization with a background in aspects of facilities operations, property management/leasing, large scale office moves, project planning, maintenance
- Strong people leadership and change management skills required; demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- Can-do get up and go mentality. This role is a hands-on role where if we need a couple of desks built, or a wall painted we expect this person to just make it happen.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement facilities plans and strategies to support the strategic direction and evolution of a growing, complex organization
- Knowledge of property management, space planning and portfolio optimization, including knowledge of alternative workplace solutions
- Knowledge of building regulations, construction practices, and safety regulations
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and continuous change in a fast paced and growing multi-national company
What You Will Be Doing
- Project planning and management of office builds, refurbishments, moves and the cyclical decorations management
- Own all hard and soft services: cleaning contracts, security and mechanical/electrical/building maintenance
- Administer all site maintenance including fixtures and fittings repair
- Engage senior management on property matters identifying alternative locations and cost savings efficiencies
- Manage lease, capital expenditures and contracts negotiations in collaboration with key internal and external resources
- Manage and take accountability for facilities-related budgets, and performance to budget
- Collaborate with landlords on facility matters, including matters related to HVAC, engineering, and maintenance
- Qualify and select suppliers, and manage ongoing vendor relationships to ensure optimal cost and operational efficiency; ensure work is completed to standard and within the budget
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop, maintain and enhance business continuity and disaster and emergency preparedness plans and programs
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.