As our Contract Specialist, you will be the right-hand advisor to our CFO and will contribute to the full lifecycle of contracts management activities. These will include legal, regulatory, compliance, advocacy and global government affairs issues throughout the organization. You will manage and co-ordinate diverse matters like compliance, employment matters, acquisitions, and contractual intricacies. As we are nimble and no day will ever be the same, your analytical mind and proactive spirit is invigorated by hands on involvement in all projects and tasks.
Being a compliance professional, you don’t lose sight of the bigger issue by forgetting what the value of a contract is—remembering to weigh the risk vs reward. You also have the “right” tone. We want someone to come to agreements, not impose our will and our way upon anyone else. It’s a style thing!
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Seek Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 3+ years experience in contract administration and management, including contract evaluation, negotiation and approval
- Exposure to the technology industry and/or a professional services environment is desired
- Experience in maintaining and innovating contract management systems
- Ability to take a highly creative approach to your work. You have a deep respect for ethics and the law but able to find creative ways to expand potential and create opportunity
- A relentless spirit to accomplish every task, no matter the resistance you encounter. The one thing you have a tough time walking away from is a challenge
- Exceptional business judgment and ability to work independently
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to shift style to accommodate a variety of audiences
- Ability to jump between 100ft and 30,000ft perspectives and tell when surrendering or fighting offers the best value for upside. Knowledge of how to use the law to help support advantage and to keep people honest
What You Will Be Doing
- Draft, review, and support negotiation on a broad range of commercial agreements including; professional services, consulting services, cloud services and/or nondisclosure agreements, vendors (leasing, construction)
- Be the first line of defence for all contracts at Traction; identify risk, make recommendations to CFO, and if you hit a wall escalate to CFO and/or external counsel as needed
- Create and innovate on a system including legal processes and policies, for full contract review of all new and existing contracts and areas of risk that have already been accepted
- Collaborate and partner effectively with the business in providing education around the contractual process; enable sales professionals to write more complete contracts on their own
- Interface with various partners in SFDC ecosystem to understand key IP, commercial and finance requirements and ensure commercial contract terms comply with partner and company directives
- Deeply involved in defining the “how to” of Traction Ventures
- Monitor current accounts and projects to ensure we are compliant with terms we have accepted
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.