As our Configure Price Quote(CPQ) Subject Matter Expert, you will a driven technical business professional who wants to jump into the fast growing market for Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ) solutions connected to Salesforce.com. If you are the type that can understand and model business requirements, find the right technology solution and use it to enhance the sales configuration, pricing and quoting functions within the Sales process, you will excel in this position! We are looking for people with the business chops and the technical acumen to help us drive this practice forward!
Traction on Demand’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Create connections
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Strong functional knowledge of Order Management, QTC, Configuration, Pricing and Quoting functionality, preferred in Telecom and High Technology industries
- Deep understanding of Sales business processes
- Knowledge of Rules, CRM tool set, XML
- Experience with Commerce, Configuration, Output, SFDC integration, product catalog/price list integration
- A proven functional/technical professional with at least 2 full lifecycle SalesForce.com implementations and at least 3+ years’ experience working with SFDC
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead/facilitate design and modeling sessions with the client.
- Works closely with Business leaders, process owners to gather business requirements / business processes.
- Provide CPQ solutions alternatives to business and suggest solutions that have optimized and efficient ROI.
- Translates CPQ business requirements to technical specification.
- Understand, design, supervise, and create technical configurations using Configuration product’s tools, languages scripts based technologies (BMI, Java, BML, middleware).
- Design, implement, and test leading-edge Quote and Product Configuration integrations with SFDC.
- Create robust large-scale production applications.
- Create prototypes quickly and re-architect them for production readiness.
- Lead the creation of project deliverables, spanning from process to system design elements with an emphasis on functional and technical design.
- If needed, coordinate developer tasks on large projects; lead design and code reviews to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Provides guidance on all phases of SDLC and the impact of CPQ.
- Support testing and root cause analysis, and provides lessons learned.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Function as CPQ SME during presales and delivery of consulting engagement
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we’re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology – salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world’s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.