Get Ahead of the Game with Salesforce Lightning
Good enough can be a dangerous mindset. Without trying to improve the good, we’d never find the great. Could you imagine if Wayne Gretzky was just known as the “Good One”?
Gretzky pushed himself to become the Great One and a leader on the ice, so it makes sense for Salesforce to continue pushing the boundaries of a CRM system to be increasingly capable, more user-friendly and, ultimately, a leader in the field.
Lightning: The Most Powerful Salesforce Yet
Salesforce Lightning is the latest evolution of the platform and will change the way your organization uses Salesforce, for the better. With each release, your Salesforce instance will gain new Lightning-specific functionality. Overall, the new user experience enables:
- Business users to be more productive with the intuitive UI.
- Admins to build applications without development support.
- Developers to save time and reuse code across Lightning components.
Moving to Lightning is like getting ready for the Stanley Cup finals. It takes preparation, training and perseverance, but it’ll all be worth it when you log into Lightning.
“Salesforce customers who have adopted Lightning have already experienced a 41% increase in productivity. They’re able to bring in more leads, close deals faster and increase conversions,” said Greg Owen, a Lightning adoption expert (and presales engineer) at Traction on Demand. “The Winter ‘18 Salesforce Release is packed with new Lightning-only features.”
The Game Plan
Making the transition to Lightning requires a thorough game plan. Before getting started, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of your Salesforce instance and your Lightning transition. The team leading the change should be able to answer the following questions:
- Platform: What currently exists within our Salesforce environment, including customizations and third party applications?
- People: Who is using which features?
- Priorities: What needs to be moved over to the Lightning experience now and what can wait?
- Process: How can we leverage Lightning to ensure and improve adoption?
Even if you’re just considering these questions and don’t yet have the answers, you’ll have a strong foundation to start planning for a successful transition.
Developing a game plan will get your organization ready for the transition, but you’ll still need coaches to get you through to the final buzzer. Traction’s Lightning adoption experts will guide you through the process from end-to-end to ensure your organization is ready for the new user experience (UX).
Our coaches work with a Lightning transition methodology that ensures nothing is overlooked, so your team is ready to make the switch and reap the benefits of Lightning.
How do we do this?
- Salesforce org audit: We’ll assess your Salesforce environment and determine the complexity involved with moving to Lightning.
- Requirements gathering: Following the audit, we’ll work with your stakeholders to understand the business needs and gather all the requirements that need to be converted to Lightning.
- Lightning transition: Our skilled cloud technologists will complete the requirements to set your Salesforce org up for success in Lightning.
- Training: We’ll train users to work efficiently in Lightning and answer any questions they may have.
- Launch: We’ll transition your Salesforce Lightning environment from a sandbox to your production environment for all your users.
“Since each org is unique, you need to make sure you understand how each component works and the best way to gain the same or improved functionality in Lightning,” says Greg. “Traction’s experience and expertise with the Lightning interface can make it a smooth process that improves efficiency.”
Take the First Shot
The Great One summed it up best when he said, “I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.” Now it’s your turn to get ahead of the game. Start with a Salesforce Lightning readiness assessment and then meet with one of our enablement experts. They’ll answer your Lightning-related questions, identify adoption complexity factors, walk you through our best practices and address any of your concerns.
Ready to get started? Sign up for a free Lightning transition consultation today.